Excited for camp? We are, too! Here’s a list for the items you’ll need, as well as a few to leave at home:
- 2 pairs of tennis shoes (one tie pair for lake/river wear) NO SANDALS
- 1 pair of water-proof flip-flops for showering ONLY (optional)
- 1 pair of hiking shoes (optional)
- Hot weather clothing (shorts, t-shirts)
- Several pairs of long pants/jeans (a must for poison ivy areas and cool nights)
- Long-sleeve shirts/short sleeve shirts appropriate for camp
- Jacket/hoodie and rain wear (rain boots/wellies are optional, but nice if you have them!)
- Socks and extra socks (bring plenty of socks because they get wet/dirty often!)
- Underclothes – make sure to pack extras!
- Pajamas/robe – our shower/bathroom facilities are a short walk from the cabins
- Appropriate swimwear (see Kamp Clothing Guidelines document)
- Hat, cap, or bandana – for covering/shading the head during outdoor activities
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, retainer and other dental hygiene items
- Brush, comb, hair ties/hairbands, or other hair grooming needs
- Soap/body wash, face wash, deodorant and other bodily hygiene items
- Any personal hygiene items not listed here that the camper requires
- Washcloths, bath towels, and one large/beach towel for swimming
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses, and any storage/care/cleaning items required for them
- Sunscreen (waterproof and higher SPF types recommended)
- Bug spray/insect repellent (Recommend Deep Woods OFF!)
- Flashlight + extra batteries
- Camera (phones will be surrendered or sent home with parents at the start of camp)
- Sleeping bag or bedroll (bunks use twin sheets, some bunks are XL twin) and pillow
- Laundry bag for dirty clothes. 1-2 trash bags for wet clothes (optional, but advised!)
- A personal water bottle
- Writing materials (notebook/journal, pen, pencil, stationery, stamps, etc) and/or sketchbook
- Personal music player WITH HEADPHONES for rest times and lights out. They are to be left in cabins at all times. (optional)
MONEY & OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS
- Offering for annual camp mission project
- Money for the purchase of additional snacks or souvenirs at the Kamp store
- Money for plain white or Kamp logo shirts for tie-dyeing (You may bring your own shirt for this – we recommend only 100% cotton for best results)
- FILLED OUT HEALTH/RELEASE FORMS, as well as financial responsibility or scholarship forms are required to be brought with the camper and turned in during check-in.
- Medicine (ALL medication, including OTC meds must be in original containers and checked with our nurse!)
PLEASE DO NOT BRING: Food, beverages, (including soda/pop, sports drinks, energy drinks, etc) bicycles, pets, weapons, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or vape/e-cigarette products. Please leave gaming devices and other electronics at home. It is strongly suggested that very valuable personal items be left at home to prevent loss or damage.
Feel free to send us a message if you have any questions about items not on this list.
To download this page for easy reference, click here.